28/12/2008

The Pink Letter


I dreamt of the letter again tonight
As the sun came in with its rays so bright 
I stretched out my arms for what is mine 
The pink letter of my countless dreams divine
I try and try to peep in inside, catch a glance
To see what you have written only for me, if I have a chance 
It’s got flowers and lovely ribbons on the outside 
It makes my eyes go a love-struck surprised wide 
And then I see it’s not a letter at all but a beautiful pink card 
With birthday wishes and the lovely handwriting of a feminine bard 
It’s not mine at all, not my name anywhere at all…
Neither in the ‘to’ nor in the ‘from’ 
But there’s the touch of a female form 
I look away in my dreams, unable to bear the pain 
I had been so presumptuous, was so vain. 
Peeping into the past or the future is not my business 
So I shut up and look at the present dizziness 
As days and nights meaninglessly whizz past us... 
I just stay numb and wish that the pink letter was mine. 
But neither have you cared enough nor have I 
It’s been a relationship of convenience from the very start 
I know you’ll say me saying this hurts. 
Good news is that I don’t dream of it anymore 
But the truth doesn’t set you free, 
It just binds you to a greater degree.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it seems to me u r not exploring your full potentials in your poetry. dont limit yourself, no need to hold back. the attention, the focus of you poem is on rhyming...free it from that. go for stronger, more beautiful phrases, words, ideas...the charm should be in that. like there is in the way this poem ends.

strike with your lines. hit hard, even though it knocks you yourself out for a while. you'll become stronger.

Nameless Fameless said...

i love these lines .. "Peeping into the past or the future is not my business
So I shut up and look at the present dizziness
As days and nights meaninglessly whizz past us...
I just stay numb and wish that the pink letter was mine.
But neither have you cared enough nor have I
It’s been a relationship of convenience from the very start "

wow ... absolutely wow

Indrajit said...

Yes , I am the one.
Would comnt to your post later....
Not much time thse days .....

Tc ...

:)