14/06/2007

Walking through the woods...a ballad


Walking through the woods, holding hands.
Looking at the rainbows with its many colored bands.
Seeing such dreams that only lovers can see.
A future bright and sweet and a child running about in glee.
So many dreams about our home.
Where the heart rests after a long roam.
Walking through the woods and kissing lightly.
Making our way through life with a step sprightly.
As darkness descends we both get scared.
I try to hold onto your grasp but alas, despaired.
Shrubs so thick and mangly, deep is the bloody cut.
But they are nothing compared to the one in my heart.
I cant see you my love, I cant find you.
Im searching through the night dark and blue.
Where are you? My heart cries out.
But the resounding silence leaves me without a doubt.
You aint there.
You aint near anywhere.
I see the dawn breaking through the leaves.
And like the red drops my heart grieves.
Im searching for you, just answer me once.
I wont take much of your time, just kiss you once.
And then I see a sight that much joy to me brings.
Such that I skip and my heart begins to sing.
You are right there standing at the edge of the wood.
Waiting for me in the same spot as long as you could.
I wrap my fingers around you quick.
And my heart says good-bye to the fears so toxic.
I’d thought you say at the cross-roads “Goodbye my dear.
This is where our path ends I fear.
I go my own way, you go yours.
And forget the dreamy future years.”
I’ve got you close to my heart once again.
Thank you dear God for ridding me of my fiery pain.
Hold my hand and kiss me once.
Let me believe in my ballad’s joyance.

[This poems a love song based on a dream I had but am not very confident about the ending that I saw...]

No comments: